Wednesday, December 19, 2012

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas... With No Snow.

Hello there.

So I have successfully completed my first semester of graduate school and boy, has it been exhausting.  Sparing you the unnecessary details, let's just say that I'm glad it's over.. at least until the middle of January.  Christmas is coming up in a week, my favorite time of year!  I am so happy that we have the opportunity to go back home and see all of our family for the holidays, barring the end of the world on Friday ;P

Just as a side note about he whole Myan Calendar thing; just because the calendar ends, doesn't mean the world is going to.  I mean, what if the person doing it got tired of writing it, or died, or their civilization ended before they could complete more.  Plus, we've actually  passed the date that their calendar ended because there was no daylight savings time then.  So, all of you who are worried about it, please just stop.  We'll be here on the 22nd!

I also just have to take the time to say that, as a budding Forensic Psychologist, the tragedy of Newton, CT is beyond imaginable, and I pray for all of those affected and hope that this serves as a reminder of the need of the re-institutionalization of mental hospitals.  I know that before they were horrible because there were not laws in place to keep them from becoming places for the forgotten in society and a place for experimentation on poor, innocent people.  Having said that, we need mental hospitals again!  People like these school shooters need help that isn't available in the way it used to be.  I pray that this happens.

Okay, so I've ranted twice.

Back to my life!

I am still working part time, but probably won't be in about a week because I was hired as seasonal help.  This is perfectly fine with me.  I need some motivation to get back out there and look for a real job!  Wish me luck, and I hope everyone has a happy holiday season and see you in 2013!

No comments: