Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dream Diary #1

Throughout my life I have had some quite interesting dreams. Many of my friends and relatives can attest to this. I know, everyone has strange dreams, but I seriously believe that my dreams pass into a different dimension of weirdness.

For example, once when I was a child, I dreamt that N'sync came over to our house and that my mom served them cookies and lemonade in our family room. Then, for no reason whatsoever, she turned into a furry, blue monster that was attacking us and chasing us around the yard.

Another example: I once dreamt (this was actually a re-occurring dream)that I was in a mansion made of gold and that I was being chased around by a person who had a gold shotgun. The mansion floor then split with this huge crack running down the middle of it, and I fell through into what I can only assume was the gateway to hell. Most everyone was trapped in this river of naked, half dead bodies, and in order to survive you had to climb your way out. Well, apparently I did because then I was facing three doors. One glowed red, one white, and one was completely black. I had to choose which one to go through, and each one gave me a particular feeling. I chose the door that was completely black because it filled me with no emotion at all, which I guessed was better than fear. Upon entering the doorway, I woke up.

See, I told you they were strange!!

Well, my most recent dream came to me the other night. I was at my dad's house (which is actually his girlfried/fiance's house, but he lives there now) and my brother and I were arguing about who should get to go into the bathroom. I wanted to take a shower, and it seemed to me like he was defying me just to be annoying (which is kind of true in real life...) So, I somehow managed to push him out of the bathroom doorway (which is amazingly impossible in real life since he's about 5'11 and a football player). I had won my territory and decided to take the shower that I thought I had rightfully won. Apparently he had other plans because he went and snitched to our Dad, saying that he was in the bathroom first and that I stole it away from him. Despite having locked the door, my Dad somehow opened it anyway and came in while I was showering and started yelling at me for taking the bathroom away from my brother and that I was not allowed to take a shower. My hair was already wet, and obviously I was naked. He pulled the shower curtain open, turned off the water, and took my clothes and every towel in the house away from my possession which was, apparently, supposed to coerce me into getting out of the shower. Well, covering my boobs up, I stomped out into the living room where his girlfriend/fiance was at (who looked COMPLETELY different than she actually does in real life) and we all started arguing. I must have woken up right about that time because I don't remember anymore.

Sometimes I wonder where I come up with this stuff...

Besides the fact that it is totally in the character of my dad to yell at me for nothing important, but to just yell at me as a means to vent his frustration with the rest of the world, it is totally in the character of my brother to pick and nag to no end until he is told not to by the only person he seems to listen to (our dad), AND the last time I was at this house, my dad and his girlfriend/fiance got in an argument about him being a sociopath. (Oh, yeah, did I forget to mention that my dad is a sociopath? [Not like a serial killer, but the whole, void of a conscience, feels not guilt or remorse, and has no compassion for other people thing.] Huh, must have slipped my mind...)

Whatever the reason for my strange dreams, all I know is that I can't wait to see what my subconscious comes up with next.

4 comments:

Roxanne Ocasio said...

That is crazy girl!! P.S. How did I not know you have a brother...who plays football? Really??

Sam's Rose Garden said...

Haha, I have no idea! We always talk about your family, but I guess never really get around to mine! The next time I see you I'll have to show you his football picture from this year.

Moody Blue...and I do mean Moody!! said...

Hmmmm...fuzzy blue monster...could that have been a premonition of the "Snuggie"???? LOL!

Sam's Rose Garden said...

Too bad I didn't invent it!! I should've listened to my dream!