Thursday, September 30, 2010

I HATE MY ROOMMATES!!!

Ok, so I know this is the second blog in one day, but I have to vent!! I just spent the last half hour cleaning the microwave, which is above the stove, so I had to kneel on a stool to be able to reach it. I am so incredibly pissed and tired of cleaning up other people's messes. It was COMPLETELY splattered with tomato sauce, so apparently someone decided to put spaghetti or something in there without a cover and it blew up everywhere. Then, instead of cleaning it up like a normal person, they just left it like that!! It's been like that since I came home last night from class. I thought I would give the person, whichever one of them it was, time to clean it up, but apparently they felt they didn't need to. So today, after doing my dishes, while there is still a sink and a half of the others' left in the kitchen, I decided to clean off the stove and counters since if I don't, they'll never get cleaned. There was something greasy on the stove top, and, believe it or not, HAIR on the island counter top. I'm not just talking about one strand. I mean, like, a huge CLUMP. WTF PEOPLE?!?! This is where we eat and prepare food!!!!!! And, someone last night made macaroni and cheese, dropped a noodle, and left it for me to step in. Believe it or not, this was not the first piece of food I had stopped on that day. No! In the morning I was greeted by a wonderful piece of lettuce that had fallen out of someone's HAMBURGER they were eating, and neglected to finish IN THE BATHROOM!!!!!! I always ask my one roommate "S" about these things, because she is the only one of us who brings people in the apartment, besides "D" who will bring her family in sometimes. When I went to bed the night before the lettuce/hamburger incident, there was no lettuce, no hamburger in the bathroom garbage, and no ketchup on the bathroom counter. When I woke up at 8 something the next morning, there it was. "S" is the only person who would bring in stupid ass people who would do something like that. She helps with Freshman Seminar classes here at school, so she is ALWAYS bringing Freshman guys in here. Last night: two. I know it was someone she let in here, yet every time I bring up these things to her, she denys, avoids, changes the subject, or completely acts like she has no idea what I'm talking about. Right, like she didn't see a hamburger sticking out of our garbage can. ALSO, in the bathroom, "someone" (apparently it was a ghost because everyone denies this too) a week or so ago, was leaving bloody pads UNWRAPPED in the garbage!! THAT IS FRICKEN DISGUSTING!!! Like I want to look at someone's nasty period blood! I don't even like my own!!! (Who does, anyway?) The issue before that was the lights. CONSTANTLY there would be lights on for hours and hours and hours on end when no one was using them or even in the room. The TV would be left on the whole day and the lights would never be turned off if I hadn't (and still sometimes do) turned all of it off. It's just such a waste! I mean, I grew up with not much money, and I still don't have any really, so I know that you don't waste stuff like that because it costs so much more. We don't pay a monthly bill or anything, but if enough people do that, our cost of living will go up, making our already wayyyyy too expensive tuition (about $30,000 when everything is said and done) go up. Wonderful. That's JUST what I need. And I cannot forget the FIRST issue. Someone (and I KNOW that it was either "S" or one of her stupid ass friends) STOLE $20 FROM MY PURSE!! I mean, seriously people!! We are supposed to be adults. I mean, I just have no words for that situation anymore.

Really, my whole issue is just RESPECT! I put a note on said microwave^^ which stated basically that I should not have to clean up after other people, that the microwave is a shared appliance, and if they want to live in a pigsty to do it at their own homes, and to STOP BEING DISRESPECTFUL!!!! I'm sorry if this is trivial and stupid, but I can't help but wonder if I'm just being anal and crazy, or if I really have a legitimate issue. I guess one good thing that did come from me living with my dad (yes, the sociopathic one) was that, since he is a truck driver and was gone all week except for weekends, and me being alone for basically the whole two years I was there, I learned and adapted to keeping things relatively clean and orderly. I really think I just need to live on my own so I don't have to worry about everyone else's shit. I have enough stress with school, money problems, family, having an amotional father, having had no job since the end of May and probably won't have one until the end of October, if I'm lucky, and everything else.

I seriously don't need this, but I guess I just have to suck it up and hope that I get actually GOOD roommates next year.

2 comments:

Roxanne Ocasio said...

That is not trivial and stupid. You have every right to live in a clean environment. We had a community microwave at Malone, meaning the ENTIRE FLOOR shared one microwave. I cleaned that thing TWICE because everyone always left it a mess. And once, at least five people walked by me and said nothing, not even "thank you" for cleaning it. Wow. I would ask to move, because that is just ridiculous and unnecessary.

Sam's Rose Garden said...

I know. I doubt that I would be able to at the semesters break. It would be weird too to try and get to know another group of new people so soon.